Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sony Artisans of Imagery at Aperture Galley in NYC

Cristina is a featured photographer at the Sony World Photography Awards 2009/10 Global Tour and Sony Artisans of Imagery. Exhibiting at the Aperture Gallery Thursday, October 22, 2009 –Friday, October 30, 2009!

"As someone whose work explores the edge between healthy ecosystems and healthy people, I am most often confronted with the opposite. A planet that is rapidly losing the functionality of the very ecosystems that provide the water, food, air, shelter and medicine that we all need, but that the poorest of the poor intimately depend on. It would be easy to exploit this drama, but with my images I refuse to fulfill the prophecy of their desperate situation. I am often reminded that despite the worse challenges, people, and especially children often have reasons to be happy and that is how I choose to portray them. I want my work to bring back the dignified, hopeful attitude of the people I meet. The common thread in their lives and mine is that they too rise up every morning hoping things will get better. " - Cristina Mittermeier
Image taken in Madagascar, January 2009
Want more of Cristina's images? Click HERE!

Click here to Learn More about the exhibit
Aperture Gallery
547 West 27th Street, 4th Floor
Between 10th and 11th Avenues
New York, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment